Academic staff of the Faculty carries out research either within research projects and grants, or as an individual research activity. Research results are being published for the professional public in professional publications or disseminated to the general public. Research projects carried out at the Faculty are usually implemented as:
- projects of the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic
- projects of other domestic or international agencies and institutions (TA CR, ministries, EU, Center on Budget Policy, etc.)
- contract research for the private sector (financial institutions, associations, companies), using innovation vouchers that allow to link capacities of the Faculty with requirements of the private sector
- internal projects within the Internal Grant Competition.
- External framework (RVVI, MŠMT)
Results of Evaluation according to M17+
Indicative scaling of research organisations with institutional funding (tripartites)
MODULE 1 Evaluation of the selected results (field reports and report for VO)
MODULE 2 Bibliometric analyses (field reports and reports for VO)
- Evaluation on VŠE
Assessment of individual faculties is based on the peer review evaluation carried out by an expert panel using, among other things, criteria such as recalculated long-term publishing performance, structure of publishing activities with a focus on the quality of external, respectively international, publications, results in publication competitions, quality and scope of secured scientific grants, fulfilment of international publication standards, or improvement of a scientific qualification profile of the faculties.
- Evaluation of FFA
Evaluation within the Faculty is based on annual assessment of the medium-term and current scientific and publication performance. Into account are taken the quality of evaluated publications (AIS / JIF / SJR percentile or the level of prestige of the publishing house), the publisher’s country of origin, the structure and scope of acquired scientific or innovative projects; reflected are also the results of applied research.
Internal Grant Competition
Doctoral students along with academic staff can apply for the Internal Grant Competition of Prague University of Economics and Business. The main goal of these grants is to support the research activities of doctoral students; the projects are therefore not primarily aimed to support the research of academic staff. In case of obtaining the grant, researchers receive funds for two to three years to solve the submitted research project. At the end of each year, they submit to the Grant Council of the Faculty (GCF) a progress report on the solution of the project to be discussed.
At the Faculty, there are annually implemented approx. 15–20 projects with the total cost of over CZK 3 million. Current rules of the Internal Grant Competition are available here. Internal instructions for researchers from the FFA: publication plan and evaluation of the fulfilment of the publication plan. Together with each project proposal it is necessary to submit also the IGC Project Card.
After the end of the project, the researcher personally submits to the Grant Council of the Faculty all publication outputs originated from the project (both published and reviewed, or under development) and at the same time s/he presents the project’s results (sample presentation and sample list of publications for the IGC project).
Provided the GCF has evaluated the project and requires a provision of additional information on the ongoing publications (usually within approx. 12 months following the project evaluation), researchers will provide the administrator of research and doctoral studies with a printed copy of the articles to be filed with the PC VSE or a proof of acceptance / non-acceptance of the output (e.g. printouts of e-mail communications with editors of the given journal) + Report on the implementation of the ongoing/reviewed publications according to the example here.
Deadlines for the new round of IGC 2021+
- Deadline for new applications and interim report of multi-year projects at FFA (Ms. A. Bernasová): 16 December 2020 12:00 (check before the application closes in InSIS)
- Final report for the completed projects and faculty complementary reports on supplementary fulfilment of the publication plans for previously completed projects at FFA (Ms. A. Bernasová): 19 January 2021 before 12:00 (check before the application closes in InSIS)
- Meeting of GCF FFA: 3 February or 4 February 2021, 9:00 – NB 139 (including presentations of results by the researcher for completed projects)