CFA Institute Research Challenge 2019- Kick-off
University of Economics in Prague
room nr. RB211 on Wednesday 9th October
starting from 19:45
Are you interested in investment banking? If yes, just enroll in another year of student team competition the CFA Institute Research Challenge, which is held by CFA Institute (globally) and CFA Society Czech Republic (locally).
You can enroll ideally as a team of 3-5 students. We only need CVs of the team members and a motivation letter (one for the team).
What is the competition about?
- You will have the possibility to analyze real publically quoted company, which also includes engaging of the Investor Relations department of the target company.
- The goal is to analyze the company, prepare the written report and present your investment recommendation in front of a panel of investment professionals.
- You will gain access to the Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg and you will be mentored by the investment professionals (with CFA qualification).
- You will be in touch with the target company (target company will be announced on the kick-off meeting).
- You will get the support of CFA Society Czech Republic and you will get to know professionals with the CFA charter.
- Investment professionals will be assessing your reports and presentation.
- Global format of the competition – the local winner will advance to the EMEA regional round and the winner will further move forward to the global round, where they will compete with the other teams from Asia-Pacific and Americas regions.
- Students will represent their university and will be nominated by the university. For further info, please contact your Faculty Advisor Mr. Bohumil Stadnik (email@example.com).
- Special effort put to ethics, including CFA Code of Ethics, which ensure objectivity and transparency of the Challenge. (Ethical standards are one of the main pillars of the CFA Institute).
The current year´s kick-off meeting will take place at VSE, room nr. RB211 on October 9, 2019, at 19:45.
CFA Institute Research Challenge local round coordinator: Tomas Hrbacek (firstname.lastname@example.org).